Samudayik Sarathi (SS) is a not-for-profit making, non-political social institution working to promote the overall development process of the country by imparting social as well as political awareness through active participation of the youths.
Since its establishment in 2007, SS has been at forefront in the establishment of a dynamic, self reliant, equitable, inclusive and peaceful society. It aims at promoting the living standard of the people in general and youths living below the poverty line in particular.
Samudayik Sarathi (SS) in English Community Charioteer or Mobilizer) is a non-partisan not-for-profit non-governmental organization established in 2007 and is based in Kathmandu. The organization, employing right-based approach, is active in the fields of democracy, governance, human rights, social empowerment, and poverty alleviation. Samudayik Sarathi is committed to its vision of Democracy, Integrity and prosperity in Nepal. To realize this vision, SS has identified following actions: encourage citizens’ participation in democratic processes (i.e., electoral and non-electoral processes), implementation of gender equality and social inclusion policy, and enforcement of transparency and accountability policy in public and private transactions.
|Name||Samudayik Sarathi Nepal|
|Type of organization||Non-profit, non-partisan and non-religious NGO|
|Address||House No. 117/42, Janapath Marga, Anamnagar, Kathmandu-32, Nepal|
|Contact person||Tara Bahadur Bhandari|
|Designation||Founding Chairman/Executive Director|
|District Coverage||1) Achham 2) Bajura 3) Bajhang 4) Doti 5) Baitadi, 6) Dadeldhura 7) Kailali 8) Kanchanpur 9) Mugu 10) Humla 11) Jumla 12) Kalikot 13) Bardiya 14) Banke 15) Surkhet 16) Dailekh 17) Dang 18) Rolpa 19) Pyuthan 20) Salyan 21) Kapilvastu 22) Arghakhanchi |
23) Palpa 24) Syanja 25) Kaski 26) Tanahu 27) Lamjung 28) Parbat
29) Baglung 30) Myagdi 31) Mustang 32) Dhading 33) Nuwakot 34) Kavre 35)
Sindhupal9lchok 36) Dolakha 37) Ramechhap 38) Sunsari 39) Okhaldhunga
40) Baktapur 41) Kathmandu 42) Lalitpur 43) Gorkha 44) Saptari
45) Parsa, 46) Bara, 47) Nawalparasi, 48) Birtamod, 49) Siraha, 50) Jhapa,
51) Morang, 52) Sunsari, 53) Rupandehi
Samudayik Sarathi envisions inclusive Democracy, Integrity and Prosperity in Nepal.
2. To promote child health and development through comprehensive family and community initiative.
3. To develop a safe and healthy neighborhood for economically marginalized population through social awareness, education and skill development training, and sharing information on employment opportunity.
4. To promote good governance (accountability and transparency) for a just and prosperous society through collaborative planning, community action, and policy advocacy.
5. To promote peace and democracy through collaborative planning, community action, and policy advocacy.
Sarathi has three goals: promote citizens’ participation in democratic process, gender and social equality, and good governance.